• Explore the world's seventh continent on the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot
• Learn about Antarctica's unique geology, history and wildlife with an expert team of lecturers
• See the incredible wildlife of South Georgia, often referred to as 'the Galapagos of the Poles'; more than 30 species of breeding birds, including four species of penguin
• Follow in the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton's perilous voyages to South Georgia and visit his gravesite
• Explore the quaint British town of Stanley in the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
• Cross the Antarctic Circle
• Arrive in Buenos Aires, Argentina, the tango capital of the world, and let us take care of the rest of the journey
• 23 Days
• Start and End in Buenos Aires, Argentina
• All meals on board included
• Travel aboard the Ocean Diamond
• Activity Level: 1
Explore Buenos Aires and Ushuaia, with a convenient charter flight in between, before embarking on the cruise portion of your once in a lifetime adventure. In this diverse expedition, you'll experience the spectacular flora and fauna of the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) before immersing yourself in the unique history and exquisite, rare wildlife of South Georgia.
Whether you're visiting Antarctic research stations, witnessing a sudden minke whale breach from your Zodiac, sharing a magical moment with king penguins, or celebrating crossing the Antarctic Circle with like-minded travelers and crew, you'll know this experience will live on in you forever.
FROM: $23200 USD
Travel aboard our adventure ships the M/S Ocean Diamond or the Sea Adventurer.
Seas can be rough.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Ushuaia, Argentina and Embarkation
Days 4 - 5:
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
Days 8 - 11:
Days 14 - 16:
South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
Days 17 - 18:
The Antarctic Circle
Days 19 - 20:
Northbound Along the Peninsula
Days 21 - 22:
Crossing the Drake Passage
Disembark in Ushuaia & Fly to Buenos Aires, Argentina