• Cross the Arctic Circle as you sail the length of Sondre Stromfjord
• Cruise among icebergs at Ilulissat Icefjord (UNESCO)
• Visit Queen Maud Gulf, home to the wrecks of the Franklin ships, HMS Erebus and Terror
• Enjoy an Inuit cultural welcome in Qikiqtarjuaq (Broughton Island)
• Watch for marine mammals and wildlife in Tallurutiup Imanga (Lancaster Sound), a Marine Protected Area
• Explore Nunavut's rarely visited national parks
• Pass continental North America's northernmost point at Bellot Strait
• Seek polar bears, seabirds, and other Arctic wildlife in pristine natural environments
• 17 Days
• Start in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland and finish in Kugluktuk, Nunavut
• All meals on board included
• Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour
• Activity Level: 1
A journey from Kangerlussuaq, Greenland to Kugluktuk, Nunavut. Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour in comfort. Our fleet of Zodiacs will take us where the action is—the heart of history.
Our voyage begins in Greenland, home to mighty icebergs, dramatic fjords, and calving glaciers! Colourful villages offer rich culture. Crossing the Davis Strait, we’ll explore the Baffin Island coast. We’re on the watch for whales, birds and bears. Zodiacs stand by for excursions; visit Franklin expedition graves at Beechey Island. Follow in the wakes of Franklin, Rae, Amundsen and many more polar explorers.
Meet the Inuit who call the Arctic home. Travel with scientists, artists, musicians, local culturalists, and historians—all of whom are drawn magnetically north. Sail the great sea-route at the top of the world. The Northwest Passage calls you, too!
This is not an ElderTreks operated tour. As such, participants on this tour are not exclusive ElderTreks clients and it may not adhere to ElderTreks' maximum size restrictions of our tours.
FROM: $16995 USD
Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour.
Seas can be rough. Zodiac landings required.
Days 4 - 5:
At Sea - Davis Strait
Mittimatalik (Pond Inlet), Nunavut
Days 8 - 10:
Tallurutiup Imanga (Lancaster Sound) & Devon Island
Days 12 - 13:
Prince Regent Inlet
Days 14 - 16:
Kugluktuk (Coppermine), Nunavut