• Zodiac along the face of a Greenlandic glacier
• Cross the Arctic Circle by ship via glorious Sondre Stromfjord
• Meet elders and share in a community event in Kangiqsualujjuaq, Nunavik
• Hike and Zodiac among the fall colours of Torngat Mountains National Park, a model of Inuit leadership
• Enjoy a warm welcome in Nain, the administrative capital of Nunatsiavut
• Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of L’Anse-aux-Meadows
• Sail into St. John’s historic harbour for a spectacular finale
• 15 Days
• Start in Kangerlussuaq, Greenland and finish in St. John's, Canada
• All meals on board included
• Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour
• Activity Level: 1
Follow the route of Leif Erickson. From Kangerlussuaq, Greenland to St. John’s, NL, via coastal Labrador—stopping at incredible Canadian National Parks along the way!
Sailing south over the Arctic Circle, we are surrounded by mountains and glaciers. Greenland’s coast is sublime! Nuuk, one of the world’s northernmost capitals, offers shopping, dining, and handicrafts.
Crossing the Davis Strait to Canada, we visit Torngat Mountains National Park. This jewel in the Canadian park system is the first and only national park in Canada to be staffed completely by Inuit. We'll honour this monumental achievement while hiking and exploring the deep fjords with Inuit hosts. Our southerly journey will follow the rugged Labrador coast.
Across the Strait of Belle Isle in Newfoundland, we’ll roam North America’s only authenticated Norse site before sailing the picturesque coast of northeast Newfoundland.
This is not an ElderTreks operated tour. As such, participants on this tour are not exclusive ElderTreks clients and it may not adhere to ElderTreks' maximum size restrictions of our tours.
FROM: $11295 USD
Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour.
Seas can be rough. Zodiac landings required.
At Sea - Davis Strait
Days 5 - 7:
Torngat Mountains National Park, NL, Canada
Days 10 - 12:
The Labrador Coast
L’Anse aux Meadows
St. John’s, NL, Canada