Note that this is not a stand-alone tour offered by ElderTreks. Extensions are optional additions that we offer to extend some of our already great adventures.
• Two UNESCO Sites: Cusco - the oldest inhabited city in South America and Machu Picchu Archaelogical ruins
• Sacred Valley
• 6 land days
• Start and finish in Cusco
• Services of a bilingual guide on tours
• Includes 5 nights accommodation with breakfasts and 2 lunches
• Includes all entrance fees
• Activity Level: 3
Cusco stands at the head of the Sacred Valley of the Incas and is a jewel of Spanish Colonial architecture. Explore the old streets, bordered by Inca-era stone walls, the ruins of former palaces and Inca monuments. We travel by train down the rugged gorge of the roaring Urubamba River to Machu Picchu. This famous Lost City of the Incas is one of the world's most memorable archaeological sites and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Extensions may not be exclusive to ElderTreks participants. In few cases, these extensions may not adhere to ElderTreks' maximum size restrictions of our tours.