• Visit Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage
• Discover Polonnaruwa - the medieval capital of Sri Lanka
• Explore Dambulla Cave Temple - an important site of Buddhist pilgrimage
• Optional water-rafting on Kelani river
• Explore Horton Plains and Yala National Parks
• Search for leopards, elephants, sloth bears, mugger crocodiles, barking deer, wild buffalos, jackals, bear monkeys, brown-headed gulls, cormorants, herons, flamingos and other wildlife
• Enjoy a whale watching excursion
• 17 days
• Maximum 16 travelers
• Start and finish in Colombo, Sri Lanka
• Activity Level: 3
Encounter the magic of Sri Lanka - the island nation formerly known as Ceylon that is once again open to visitors. Coastlines give way to a cool and rugged mountainous interior. Magnificent archaeological sites, ancient kingdoms and forests teeming with wildlife - Sri Lanka promises an adventure packed with diversity, wildlife and culture.
ElderTreks' program to Sri Lanka has been designed to highlight the natural and cultural wonders of this exotic island nation. Explore the national parks, archaeological sites, cascading waterfalls and lush tropical jungles. Visit an elephant orphanage and search for leopards on game safaris. Search for Blue, Fin and Orca whales and listen to the delightful sounds from the exotic birds along our nature walks. Sri Lanka's natural heritage is sure to impress. Our adventure also maximizes interaction with local people. Visit tea plantations, craft villages, spice markets and local schools. The people of Sri Lanka are welcoming, vibrant and eager to show you their way of life.
Come a little closer - the air is fragrant with the scent of jasmine and temple flowers. Mysterious and exotic Sri Lanka awaits you!
has guaranteed departures
$4995 $4495 USD
Comfortable hotels with private bathrooms.
Some long drives.
Arrive in Colombo, Transfer to Negombo
Boat Ride Through the Dutch Canal, City Tour of Negombo
Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage, Habarana
Sigiryiya - Polonnaruwa
Dambulla Cave Temple, to Elkaduwa
Simpson Trail Hike
Optional White-Water Rafting, Drive to Nuwara Eliya Hill Station
Horton Plains National Park
Nuwara Eliya - Ella
Yala National Park
Yala National Park to Mirissa
Whale Watching, Stilt Fishermen, Galle
Madhu River Excursion - Colombo