• Explore the phenomenal landscapes of Gros Morne National Park
• Share the warmth of a classic Newfoundland 'kitchen party'
• Hear traditional stories and songs from our talented leaders
• Learn about Mi'kmaq culture in Miawpukek
• Get a taste of Europe on the island of Saint-Pierre, France
• 11 Days
• Start and finish in St. John's
• All meals on board included
• Travel aboard the Ocean Endeavour
• Activity Level: 1
Starting and ending in historic St. John’s, this trip offers an intimate experience of Newfoundland’s lively culture and dramatic scenery via daily expedition stops and community visits. A visit to the French island of Saint-Pierre completes the adventure. Famed for its music and stories, Newfoundland is also incredibly picturesque, with a rugged coastline rendered spectacular by autumn foliage and light. The flavors of the province come to life in the fall, with fresh fish and homemade confectionery as the hallmark of any gathering.
Newfoundland’s rich natural history, including the remarkable geology of Gros Morne, is second only to its incredible cultural offerings. We will visit Red Bay's Basque Whaling Station (a UNESCO World Heritage Site), learn about the Viking history in North America at L’Anse aux Meadows National Historic Site, and enjoy a taste of the Mi’kmaq culture in Miawpukek First Nation (Conne River). And we will do it all in the company of a lively resource staff of local musicians, artists, and naturalists.
This sailing is ideally timed for viewing spectacular fall colors and taking advantage of excellent hiking opportunities. Experience legendary music, food, and hospitality in true Newfoundland fashion: by sea!