• Wildlife hikes in Berenty Reserve and the national parks of Ranomafana, Isalo
• Home to 18 different tribes
• Native species (such as lemurs) found nowhere else on Earth
• Enjoy the culture and scenery of the highlands and lowlands of Madagascar
• Bird, lemur and reptile viewing in Analamazaotra Special Reserve (Perinet)
• 18 land days
• Maximum 16 travelers
• All meals included
• Start and finish in Antananarivo
• Includes 3 internal flights
• Activity Level: 3
Madagascar is like no other place on Earth! Eighty percent of its flora and fauna are found nowhere else. With over 100 different species and sub-species of lemurs, 108 endemic birds, unusual plant life, a fascinating culture of 18 distinct tribes, plus strong Indo-Malay and French influences, Madagascar is an ideal destination for the adventure traveler.
The journey starts in Antananarivo with a city tour, followed by a visit to Ambohimanga, where former Merina monarchs had their summer palaces. Our journey continues to Ranomafana, known for its thermal baths and a namesake national park, where we search for lemurs and endemic bird species in a lush rainforest.
In Isalo National Park, we encounter wildlife while exploring grassy plains and sandstone ridges (with fanciful hoodoos). Enroute to Berenty Reserve, we explore the Antanosy tombs. In the park, we wander through spiny forests, famous for their varied and abundant wildlife. See ringtail lemurs, sifakas and nocturnal lemurs - and if we're fortunate, we may see striped civets and flying foxes!
We wrap up our adventure with a day of bird, lemur and reptile viewing in Analamazaotra Special Reserve (Perinet) before our return to Antananarivo.